- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function when used internally
- Ingest to protect against environmental and seasonal threats
Aromatic Description Herbaceous, green, leathery Collection Method Steam Distillation Plant Part Leaf Main Constituents Terpinen-4-ol, γ-terpinene, α-terpinene
About Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the most well-known essential oils for purifying and cleansing. Tea tree effectively supports wellness and is an excellent oil to employ during the challenging winter season. Organic tea tree oil is an important addition to your home medicine cabinet and first aid kit due to its fast and effective healing capabilities.
Tea Tree Oil has shown a high degree of efficacy in clearing and promoting healthy nails. It can also be applied topically in ointments, salves and compresses to encourage skin health and is an important oil for cleansing and restoring healthy skin tissue when properly diluted (see “How to Use Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil” below).
Tea Tree Essential Oil Profile
How to Use Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Facial Steam: Add 1-5 drops in a steaming bowl of hot water and cover both head and bowl with a towel. Excellent for bringing comfort to the sinuses and respiratory system and for enhancing skin health.
- In the Diffuser: Diffuse tea tree alone or in combination with eucalyptus and lavender as needed throughout the day, especially when colds and flus are being passed around.
- As a Compress: To promote healthy skin tissue, put 10 drops of tea tree oil in 4 oz of water. Then, soak a cloth in the water and wrap on affected area.
- Scalp Health: Tea tree essential oil has great benefits as a scalp cleanser. Pure tea tree oil can be irritating to the skin when applied directly, so add a few drops to your favorite shampoo.
- Fresh Mouth: Diluted in water, pure and natural tea tree oil can be used as a mouthwash. Add 2 drops of tea tree essential oil into 2 oz of water and gargle.
- Clean House: There are many uses for tea tree enhancing home cleanliness. Tea tree oil can be added to your household cleansers to amplify their purifying action or used directly for a more powerful effect.