- Ingest to support healthy cellular function*
- Aroma promotes feelings of relaxation
- Helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections when applied topically
- Supports healthy immune, nervous, and digestive function when taken internally*
Aromatic Description: Sweet, woody, citrusy and slightly minty.
Collection Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Wood
Main Constituents: (+)-Limonene, (+)-Menthofuran, a-Terpineol, Carvone, Germacrene D
About Palo Santo Essential Oil
Palo Santo oil is a true aromatic treasure and a Sant Natural staple. It is renowned for its distinctive uplifting fragrance and its pronounced healing powers. Palo Santo Essential Oil is rich in limonene. A natural purifier, use it in your diffuser to keep you and your family healthy through the winter months. Palo Santo oil is among the best oils to use via direct palm inhalation for its clearing and inspiring properties. It has settling, calming and grounding qualities, thus making it a great ally for maintaining emotional equanimity, as well as a superb oil for spiritual upliftment.
Palo Santo is said to have an emotionally uplifting and balancing effect. Often used for shamanic ritual, it is a valuable tool for meditation, enhancing creativity, and for tasks requiring sustained concentration. With a softness and sweetness similar to some species of frankincense, it is an ideal additive to massage oils.
Palo Santo Essential Oil Profile
Ethically wildcrafted from dead wood gathered from the tropical dry forest on Ecuador’s Pacific Coast, Sant Natural’s Palo Santo oil is distilled by a small community dedicated to sustainability and reforestation of this precious tree. The Palo Santo or “sacred wood” tree from which the oil derives has an ancient ethnobotanical history and has long been worshiped by indigenous cultures for its purifying powers. Today, the oil is also recognized for its constellation of therapeutic properties, which include its ability to uplift the mood, strengthen vitality and aid in protection.
How to use Palo Santo Essential Oil
- Direct Palm Inhalation: Perhaps the easiest way to use palo santo oil is through a simple direct palm inhalation. Place a drop of this uplifting and clarifying oil in the palm of your hand, gently rub the palms together, bring them towards your face and take a deep inhalation….enjoy the effect!
- Diffuser: Palo Santo is an ideal oil for your diffuser, and combines well with its botanical cousin, Frankincense. Diffuse it in your home to help protect, purify, and stay healthy.
Other Ways To Use Palo Santo Essential Oil
- Add several drops and apply as a cold compress to soothe and relax any specific area of the body.
- Use a few drops in steaming water as vapor therapy. Its effects are very clarifying and pleasant.
- Blend palo santo oil with any massage oil to relax tension and strain in the body, and provide comprehensive support.
Palo Santo Essential Oil Safety Guidelines
Generally non-toxic and non-sensitizing; Palo Santo can be dermotoxic to some if used directly on the skin. Avoid use during pregnancy. Do not take Palo Santo essential oil internally.
Ayurvedic Information for Palo Santo Essential Oil
From an Ayurvedic perspective, Palo Santo Oil will alleviate problems caused by the Vata (Wind) and Kapha (Phlegm) doshas. It also has beneficial uses to alleviate the Pitta (fire) dosha in certain circumstances. Therefore, by balancing “wind,” palo santo oil will assist in slowing down the overly active mind and will support tranquility and peacefulness.
By balancing “phlegm,” palo santo oil helps to lighten tendencies of sluggishness, complacency, and melancholy. Its mood uplifting and supports heightened energy (prana) in the body. When Pitta dosha infiltrates the joints and muscles, causing pain and tension, Palo Santo oil can be a healing gem. Perhaps most importantly, Palo Santo oil is primarily sattvic. Therefore, when used regularly, it purifies the channels of the mind and elevates the spirit.
Interesting Palo Santo Essential Oil Information
To harvest the oil, only dead trees that have been left lying on the ground for a minimum of two years can be used. The resin is driven into the heartwood when the wood dies and matures, developing its unique and powerful chemistry. The average life of the Palo Santo tree is between 80 and 90 years. Redolent of citrus and balsam, Palo Santo, like its cousin Frankincense, belongs to the category of “spiritual oils,” renowned for their esoteric and numinous character. This distillation is highly therapeutic and intriguingly complex.