Vanilla, Coconut, Cocoa and Lime Lip Balm Recipe
Healing for chapped lips.
- 40 drops of Lime Oil
- 15 ml. of Vanilla Infused Jojoba Oil
- 15 ml. of Beeswax Pellets
- 15 ml. of Coconut Oil
- 15 ml. of Cocoa Butter
- 12 Lip balm tubes
- 1 Lip Balm Tube Tray
- This recipe makes about 12 lip balms (5 ml size).
- The easiest way to make lip balms is to buy a lip balm tray. These trays hold up to 50 lip balms and allow you to pour the hot melted oils and butter from your Pyrex cup into the tubes easily.
- A Pyrex measuring cup
- A pot that the Pyrex cup fits into
- Stick 12 lip balm tubes, uncovered, into the bottom of the tray so they become the legs of the tray and are easy to fill with the melted lip balm.
- Gather all ingredients and measure them in separate little bowls.
- Fill the pot about 1/3 way with water and place the Pyrex measuring cup in the pot.
- Add the beeswax and vanilla infused jojoba to the Pyrex cup, put the burner on high enough for a simmer or low boil.
- Stir the beeswax and jojoba until melted, then add the cocoa butter and stir until melted.
- Add the coconut oil, stir and take off the heat as soon as it is melted.
- Add the drops of lime essential oil to the Pyrex filled with the melted oils and butters, stir and pour into the lip balm tubes. If the Pyrex lip is not thin enough for pouring into the tubes, you can also use a plastic pipette to siphon up the hot lip balm and squirt it into each tube. It takes longer this way but is more precise. If the lip balm starts to harden, just place the Pyrex back into the hot water and it will stay liquid. Try to fill the tubes to the very top so once hardened, the top is smooth.
- As soon as the liquid has begun to harden (this happens within a few minutes), gently pull the lip tubes out from the bottom, cover and allow to harden for a few hours before use.
- To clean your tray: I find it easiest to wipe it off with a paper towel first, to get as much of the extra lip balm off as possible. Then soak in hot water, scrub and run through a dishwasher.
SANT NATURAL https://santnatural.com/